hCG Diet Plan
Weight loss is a multi-faceted, complicated animal. With different body requirements, lifestyle habits, environmental factors and genetics at play, it can be a struggle to find a program that works for you. The hCG weight loss program at Arc Integrated Medicine is based on years of research done in the 1950′s by Dr. Albert Simeons, and it is the only program available that, if followed correctly, will produce long-lasting results.
The program involves following a specific low calorie diet plan, and the administration of a low-dose fat metabolizing hormone (hCG) to help your body access stored fat that is otherwise unavailable. Weekly follow-up visits with your naturopathic doctor will include vitamin injections that will further weight loss and increase energy throughout the process, as well as consistent medical supervision to ensure you are safe and on track.
The benefit of using a fat-metabolizing hormone is so that we are able to get past that initial hurdle of “I eat well and exercise, but I keep gaining weight”. When nothing else has worked for you, your body requires that extra kick. The function of the hormone is to metabolize fat in a pregnant women so that a baby would receive food in times of starvation. So, when the hormone is given to a non-pregnant woman, or man, and we induce a state of starvation our excess fat stores are accessed for fuel and what results is your body being able to finally burn that stubborn fat.
- Pre-Program Assessment: This program is not the first resort for most people. There could be other factors at play that are contributing to weight gain and if these are not addressed prior to starting this program, you may find the weight comes back eventually. You doctor will look at your whole health history as well as medical lab results to determine if treatment and/or detoxification is necessary.
- Phase 1: Fat loading – the first two days of your weight loss journey starts with more calories! Counter-intuitive yes, but critically important. This step provides your body with the extra nutrients it needs to get you started and transition you into a very low calorie diet.
- Phase 2: VLCD (Very Low Calorie Diet) – For 3-5 weeks you will follow a structured diet plan that contains 500-800 calories per day (depending on your individual needs), while administering the low-dose fat metabolizing hormone (hCG). During this time you will receive weekly support from your doctor, as well as vitamin injections at each visit. During the VLCD phase, you can expect to loose 0.5-1 lb per day – or 15-35 lbs!
- Phase 3: Maintenance – For 3 weeks following the VLCD phase you continue to strictly avoid carbohydrates and sugar, while slowly re-introducing different fruits and veg and bringing fat back to your diet. This phase must be followed properly, and when it is we see long term retention of the weight loss seen in phase 2.
- Phase 4: Real Life – This is where most people fall off the wagon, and gaining your weight back is a real possibility without creating a long-term meal plan that works for you. After the program finishes, we will discuss what the best plan with be for your body and lifestyle. A comprehensive phase 4 plan may include some of the testing listed below, and will incorporate principles from the paleo diet, intermittent fasting and the ketogenic diet.
Are you ready to start your weight loss journey?
Supportive, safe & effective short & long-term meal plans